Dual view browser?
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 11, 2010

Someone know any browser with integrated dual view in which it is possible to navigate independently in both windows? I know they exist and would like to avoid javascript booklets like google chrome dual view as they are a potential source of virus entry. Thanks!




[Editado a las 2010-07-11 07:04 GMT]


 

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:42
German to Swedish
+ ...
Write it yourself Jul 11, 2010

You can write this yourself using HTML, CSS and Javascript.
Use two text fields for the address and two iframes for the pages to load.

I've written something similar for private use, see www.jfbraun.com/eusearch.
You're welcome to steal anything you want (pay attention to the CSS for aligning the iframes, which is the tricky part).


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Write it yourself Jul 11, 2010

Joakim Braun wrote:

You can write this yourself using HTML, CSS and Javascript.
Use two text fields for the address and two iframes for the pages to load.

I've written something similar for private use, see www.jfbraun.com/eusearch.
You're welcome to steal anything you want (pay attention to the CSS for aligning the iframes, which is the tricky part).



@Joakim: Thanks a lot for your generous offer, but in my previous post I said I would like to avoid using javascript. What you are suggesting me, is exactly what the google chrome dual view booklet does, but I do not think it would be necessary to invent the wheel twice. I know that there is at least one of such browsers, as I used it ages ago but I do not remember his name. Many thanks for your help anyway.





[Editado a las 2010-07-11 08:05 GMT]


 

Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 19:42
English to Russian
+ ...
Maxthon Jul 11, 2010

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

Someone know any browser with integrated dual view in which it is possible to navigate independently in both windows? I know they exist and would like to avoid javascript booklets like google chrome dual view as they are a potential source of virus entry. Thanks!




[Editado a las 2010-07-11 07:04 GMT]


Hi Pablo,

This function exists in my Maxthon 2.1.4 (just press F10). I use it almost daily and it works perfectly.


 

FarkasAndras
Local time: 18:42
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Does not compute Jul 11, 2010

So you're reluctant to use javascript for safety reasons, but you'd happily use some obscure (or age-old AND obscure) browser that is inevitably a lot less safe than the current version of any of the major browsers.
I'd suggest opening two windows side by side.


 

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:42
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Firefox Jul 11, 2010

You can do it easily in Firefox with the help of a small add on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4287/

Cheers
Stanislaw


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maxthon Jul 11, 2010

Nikita Kobrin wrote:

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

Someone know any browser with integrated dual view in which it is possible to navigate independently in both windows? I know they exist and would like to avoid javascript booklets like google chrome dual view as they are a potential source of virus entry. Thanks!




[Editado a las 2010-07-11 07:04 GMT]


Hi Pablo,

This function exists in my Maxthon 2.1.4 (just press F10). I use it almost daily and it works perfectly.


@Nikita:

Thanks a lot. I believe this is what I was looking for.


 

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not compute... Jul 11, 2010

FarkasAndras wrote:

So you're reluctant to use javascript for safety reasons, but you'd happily use some obscure (or age-old AND obscure) browser that is inevitably a lot less safe than the current version of any of the major browsers.
I'd suggest opening two windows side by side.


Neither me. So far I know, I usually use Firefox latest version (and about:config...)


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dual view browser?

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search