Free and Open Source TM tools- survey
Thread poster: Tonia Santoro

Tonia Santoro
Local time: 07:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2010

Hi all,

I'm Tonia and I'm currently completing an MSc in Translation at Imperial College London. My dissertation topic is Free and Open-source software for translation purposes. The aim of the dissertation is to assess the popularity of open-source software amongst translators and its viability as opposed to commercial software.

I would be grateful if you could spare a few minutes of your time to complete a web survey. This will help me in drawing some statistics and establish the issues to address.

Follow the link below to be redirected to the survey page.

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=KCMLOL_d37bd3a0

Thanks in advance,

Tonia

Direct link

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:25
French to English
+ ...
Try searching in the forums Aug 7, 2010

Hi Tonia!

You seem to not be the only one with this sort of project, as we've had several similar requests in the recent past.

May I suggest that it might be of interest to you to check out the other forum threads on simlar topics, in case there is anything there that might help you, or you might be able to compare results with other researchers?

Good luck with your project!

Oh, I see in fact it was you who posted before — please see the original thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/175901-free_and_open_source_tm_tools_for_translators.html

[Edited at 2010-08-07 12:35 GMT]

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free and Open Source TM tools- survey

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search