Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 01:11
English to German
+ ...
Jan 26, 2004

Hi there,

does anyone use e-Handwörterbuch Französisch (Langenscheidt)? Does it help in daily work, or is the content too basic (compared to the printed Großwörterbuch)?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Alexandra

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Langenscheidt and Pons Jan 26, 2004

Hello Alexandra,

I use the Langenscheidt Handwörterbuch and Pons ifinger professional, no hard copy at all,

I would say Pons is a little bit more exhaustif, than the Langenscheidt, but the ifinger interface is not that convenient, just a small window, that you cannot expand;

I guess the printed version must be better
just compare the entries

bye

Noe

Robschmidt (X)
Robschmidt (X)
English to German
+ ...
I find it really useful. Jan 26, 2004

I use the Langenscheidt ENGLISH Handwörterbuch which belongs to the PC bibliothek series and I find it extremely useful primarily because not merely words but also experssions along with prepositions are stated clearly. I find that really very useful, while the Grosswörterbuch is einsprachig to the best of my knowledge.
Alexandra Becker wrote:

Hi there,

does anyone use e-Handwörterbuch Französisch (Langenscheidt)? Does it help in daily work, or is the content too basic (compared to the printed Großwörterbuch)?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Alexandra

Mondolingua
Mondolingua
Italian to German
+ ...
NO.... Jan 26, 2004

We have some versions of this e-Wörterbuch Langenscheidt and I wouldn't say that it is particularly helpful: we even use the online pons dictionary (www.pons.de) and find there all "basic" words we need (Langenscheidt is basic too).
I think that keeping Yourself Your 80 Euro is better than giving them Langesncheidt

Lucia

Wehner
Wehner
Belgium
French to German
+ ...
Langenscheidt PC-Bib Jan 27, 2004

I use both the French and the Englisch PC-Bib. English seems to be better than French, but I do use both a lot. Feel free to contact me for further info.
Regards
Karin Wehner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-Handwörterbuch Französisch Langenscheidt

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »