Thread poster: Japamerican

Japamerican  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:49
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2010

Hello!

Thanks in advance. I am trying to place the Japanese Translation of .ttx file into English .inx file, because the existing inx file is in English when the ttx file is in “English-Japanese”.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:49
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Should be sufficient to export ttx file to inx in Trados Aug 20, 2010

I take it your ttx file is a .inx.ttx file. If you export the ttx file out of Trados so that you get the translated .inx file, all the Japanese should (at least in theory - I have no experience with that language) fall into its proper place.

If this doesn't work, you should be able to copy the text in one segment at a time into the inx file, at least if you have the correct indesign version, but I would not recommend that procedure. I believe it's also possible to open the inx file in Notepad, but the codes would probably not make this a nice experience.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to place the Japanese Translation of .ttx file into English .inx file

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search