MA in translation from the University of Western England - feedback needed
Thread poster: xxxMarkus Heinr

xxxMarkus Heinr
German to English
Aug 21, 2010

I am thinking about doing the MA in Translation from UWE. Has anyone heard anything about it? Or has anyone done it?

It looks like i will also be accepted by other Universities, so i would be interested what kind of reputation UWE has.

Direct link Reply with quote

wsetters
Local time: 21:01
French to English
I didn't know it had an MA in translation Aug 24, 2010

Xirod wrote:

I am thinking about doing the MA in Translation from UWE. Has anyone heard anything about it? Or has anyone done it?

It looks like i will also be accepted by other Universities, so i would be interested what kind of reputation UWE has.

You got the name wrong

In terms of general reputation I'd say it doesn't have a particularly bad or good one. It's a relatively "new" university. I wasn't aware it had a translation MA course though...

xxxMarkus Heinr
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the info Aug 27, 2010

Yes i did get the name wrong, my apologies

Thank you for the information, i apreciate it. And yes, they do have an MA in translation.

Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:01
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Portsmouth University Aug 27, 2010

I am looking at the MA in Translation offered by Portsmouth University, which seems to have a good reputation for languages and linguistics.

I also looked at the UWE course and if I remember rightly I decided it was too theoretical compared with Portsmouth which seemed to have more courses which were of practical use to me as I am already working as a translator. This may not be the case for you, of course.

Louisa

xxxMarkus Heinr
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I looked at portsmouth aswell Aug 28, 2010

As far as i can remember, the fees are trippled if you are not physically in the Uk when you are doing the course. I am not 100 percent certain, i think that was it though. I will look into it again. Does anyone know anyone ho has done the UWE MA?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA in translation from the University of Western England - feedback needed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search