Best tool for wordpress blog translation
Thread poster: Julie Fragkaki

Julie Fragkaki
Local time: 12:39
English to Greek
+ ...
Aug 24, 2010

My new project is to translate and proofread already translated posts in a wordpress blog. Using the wordpress editor works fine but it's a very slow process especially since a lot of the text is similar or even the same to previous posts. Do you know any CAT tool that would speed up the process?

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Export and import Aug 24, 2010

Panagiota Julie Fragkaki wrote:
My new project is to translate and proofread already translated posts in a wordpress blog.

If you have access to the administration module of the blog, you can export the content to XML, then translate it in a CAT tool, and then import it back. If only the client has access to the admin pages, then you'd have to ask him to do the exporting and importing. I would suggest that you practice it a bit using a dummy Wordpress blog yourself.

http://wordpresstraining.com/videos/install-and-configure/import-and-export-wordpress-data/

I haven't tried this myself, but it would be interesting to see it work.

Julie Fragkaki
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sounds great! Aug 24, 2010

I will try it out and let you know how it goesicon_smile.gif Thank you so much!!

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Best tool for wordpress blog translation Aug 25, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Panagiota Julie Fragkaki wrote:
My new project is to translate and proofread already translated posts in a wordpress blog.

If you have access to the administration module of the blog, you can export the content to XML, then translate it in a CAT tool, and then import it back. If only the client has access to the admin pages, then you'd have to ask him to do the exporting and importing. I would suggest that you practice it a bit using a dummy Wordpress blog yourself.

http://wordpresstraining.com/videos/install-and-configure/import-and-export-wordpress-data/

I haven't tried this myself, but it would be interesting to see it work.

Additional information: Qumana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best tool for wordpress blog translation

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search