Zeynep YESIN YALCIN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:52
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 15, 2010

Dear Forum members,

During the installation process of Trados Studio 2009 SP2, the installation process is being terminated by a warning that the installation of Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 or later is required before the installation of Studio 2009.

The computer has Turkish Windows Vista operating system together with Microsoft Office 2007 installed. Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 and even 4.0 are installed on this computer, but during the installation process, we are receiving the following error:

"Setup did not complete. The error is: The Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 service pack 1 or later is not installed. Please check the installation guide for prerequisites."

When we search for the reasons for this failure, we have found the following article informing us that there is a bug for Turkish language. You can find the details under this web site:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=3297&r=0.2387722

However, when you try to remove the determined lines from the file named TranslationStudio.Professional.Suite by using Note Pad and try to save the file again with the same name, note pad does not allow you the save the file and hence you can not finalize the procedures advised on the above-mentioned URL.

Is there anybody face with this problem? Is there any solution to overcome this bug and install the software?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:52
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check your user rights Sep 15, 2010

Is UAC active? Are you logged in as administrator?
Do you perform installation of Studio as admin?

Zeynep YESIN YALCIN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is UAC active? Sep 15, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Is UAC active? Are you logged in as administrator?
Do you perform installation of Studio as admin?

What do you mean by saying this Jerzy? Could you please clarify? Will you please visit the link I have given and try to understand what my problem is? Thanks for your help.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:52
English to Czech
+ ...
Link not working Sep 15, 2010

Hi Zeynep,
the link is always temporary. Instead of posting the link, simply find the article and post its number here.

UAC = User Access Control

Dagdelen  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2010)
German to Turkish
+ ...
A problem with sdl 2009 installation or a problem with vista? Sep 15, 2010

Hi Zeynep,
I had the same issue with studio SP1/SP2 2009 and Turkish vista because of "ı" in Turkish source, a kind of bug in studio 2009.
I've executed what they wrote in talisma …, but I could not get it.
Check this this forum post "http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/180193-a_problem_with_sdl_2009_installation_or_a_problem_with_vista.html"
But you can try this:
Open the file "TranslationStudio.Professional.Suite" as WordPad (/even as MS Word 2007) (in your studio installation folder).
Remove the determined lines from the file "TranslationStudio.Professional.Suite".

Save the same file as ".Suite" in the same place. Then try to run installation.
I've done. But it did not work. Now I'm thinking of formatting my pc & installing win 7. Then I'm gonna try it once more. Would U please inform me if U got success?
People say we should wait for SP3.
Rasim

[Edited at 2010-09-15 23:12 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-09-15 23:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-09-15 23:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-09-15 23:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 SP2 Installation Problem

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search