Update Translation Memory on Trados Workbench
Thread poster: LRamos
LRamos
Local time: 09:27
English to Spanish
Sep 30, 2010

Hi, everyone.

I’m beginning to use Trados and I’m using TagEditor.
I hope you can help me figure out how can I update my translation memory after I have translated a part of my text and saved it.It is a large document so I am translating parts of it per day.
Do I need to update a translation memory every time, after I have completed a portion of my translation with TagEditor and when I close the file?

Any help will be highly appreciated it.
Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:27
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Automatic update Oct 1, 2010

By using TagEditor, your TM is updated on every successive translation segment even without closing your TagEditor for the day unless you deselect Update option in WorkBench window. You can clean the translated file portions by selecting WorkBench: Tools>Clean file, to ensure manual update (you get the incomplete translation file that you can make the final full version on the final day of translation.) This is a redundancy, however.

Soonthon Lupkitaro.

LRamos
Local time: 09:27
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Automatic update when using Word too? Oct 1, 2010

Hi, Soonthon.

Thank you very much for you help!
I assume then that the process for TM update is the same with Word documents, right?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update Translation Memory on Trados Workbench

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search