$10.00 discount coupon for TextAloud 3
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Oct 2, 2010

hello

having updated TextAloud I can share a $10.00 discount coupon with you
http://tipfrom.me/t/?OZrp9A

this tool is very interesting for proofreading (and clearly even for eyesight impaired) as you can copy-paste any text in it, or simply leave it capturing any copied text (CTRL+C) in MS Word, the browser or mail tool, and then the software reads loud the text as it would be another people (new voices are very close to human voice)

if you've never tried such a tool before, you'll be surprised on how many blunders left back on rereading or othe QA methods you can find when you look at your text with your eyes and the software reads the text

Claudio

Direct link Reply with quote

Paulo Eduardo - Pro Knowledge  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:04
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Many Thanks Claudio Oct 2, 2010

I will try it immediately.
Thank again for the tip!!

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
glad to be of help Oct 2, 2010

and about the voices
the new ones really deserve the expense (about 30$) as they are very natural, but you can use even the Windows ones, as Mary, Mike and Sam, that are embedded in the OS and even some voices for free whose links you can find here
http://www.nextup.com/TextAloud/SpeechEngine/voices.html#morefreevoices

be aware that some voices work ONLY with textAloud, while other work in every tool

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-10-02 12:46 GMT]

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
I agree! Oct 2, 2010

Claudio Porcellana wrote:

this tool is very interesting for proofreading (and clearly even for eyesight impaired) as you can copy-paste any text in it, or simply leave it capturing any copied text (CTRL+C) in MS Word, the browser or mail tool, and then the software reads loud the text as it would be another people (new voices are very close to human voice)

Claudio

I just bought it -- no coupon, however -- and I'm so happy with it when I need to proofread texts. I bought the Cepstral David voice, and that's the one I'm using ...

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

$10.00 discount coupon for TextAloud 3

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search