Thread poster: Richardson Lisa

Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:24
Member (2009)
French to English
Dec 6, 2010

Hi all
Does anyone have any knowledge of or actually possess the dictionary in this link? I'm looking for a really good French/English dictionary for art/architectural terminology. It's pretty expensive so I'd be grateful if someone could give me their view if they have come across it.

http://www.amazon.fr/Elseviers-Dictionary-History-Dictionnaire-DHistoire/dp/0444503404/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291654190&sr=8-2-spell

TIA
Lisa

Direct link Reply with quote

TargamaT team  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 08:24
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
I use this... Dec 6, 2010

I think this is one of the best available, we use it in indexing the translation of “Lire la peinture” and it works...

However, you will find word2word list and no explanation!

Please do not hesitate to send me any request of Fr/En terms.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Elsevier's Dictionary of Art History Terms - feedback needed

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search