Has anybody experience with Personal Translator Office PT or other automatic translation software?
Thread poster: Friedrich Reinold

Friedrich Reinold
United States
Local time: 10:23
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 24, 2004

Has anybody experience with Personal Translator Office PT or other automatic translation software?
I would be interested whether it is good enough to produce at least a rough draft that is then edited by a human translator and whether this approach can boost productivity.

TIA,
-Tom Reinold

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
URL Feb 24, 2004

Tom Reinold wrote:
Has anybody experience with Personal Translator Office PT...?

URL = http://www.linguatec.de/products/pt2002/index.en.shtml

Premier Focus  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:23
German to English
+ ...
Good results Feb 24, 2004

Tom,

We purchased Personal Translator Professional Version a few years back and were impressed with the results. We use it for German and English translations from time to time. Very easy to use program, very good returns on the translations that are created and some times very good drafts are produced that need only minor editing.

Feel free to email me and I can explain in more detail!

Best regards,

Kerstin Krämer
www.PremierFocus.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search