https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/190655-marketig_resources_for_translators.html

Marketig resources for translators
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 28, 2011

Following yesterday's spanish virtual conferences, superbly moderated by Lucia Leszinsky, here are some related resources I would like to remember:

a) to make "effective" resumes and cover letters: EasyJob Resume Builder

EasyJob Resume Builder does not have a free version. But it does have a full demo version, which does not support printing or co
... See more
Following yesterday's spanish virtual conferences, superbly moderated by Lucia Leszinsky, here are some related resources I would like to remember:

a) to make "effective" resumes and cover letters: EasyJob Resume Builder

EasyJob Resume Builder does not have a free version. But it does have a full demo version, which does not support printing or copy and paste to other applications. However, it is ideal to get an idea of how to do resumes and cover letters right. Bean in mind that american and european culture are quite different in this sense.

b) to make a "simple" Marketing plan : Zen marketing free version

In addition, the author supports the sales of his professional version sending periodically tips on how to manage a successful marketing plan. For those who start in marketing, I recommend you to see around his blog too.

[Edited at 2011-01-28 14:22 GMT]
Collapse

Susanne Kress
Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Thank you, Pablo Jan 28, 2011

for reminding us the useful references you gave yesterday. Everything went so fast...
I think these are very good sites to start one's marketing strategy.

Regards

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for sharing this, Pablo Jan 28, 2011

I am creating the skeleton for the new "Marketing para traductores" article that was suggested yesterday during the Spanish event and I think these two tips will fit there perfectly.

I will let you and others know when the page is ready so that we all start completing it.

Thanks again!

Lucía

Catherine Piéret
Catherine Piéret  Identity Verified
Italy
English to French
+ ...
Thank you! Jan 28, 2011

Dear Pablo,

Thank you very much for sharing wtih us this useful information.

I wish you a nice week-end.

Kind regards,

Catherine Pieret

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Marketig resources for translators

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »