Looking for many volunteer translators for OpenSource software community
Thread poster: ryanluke86 (X)
ryanluke86 (X)
ryanluke86 (X)
May 4, 2011

Hi,

I have some contacts in the OpenSource software community who are crying out for volunteer translators. OpenSource software is written by the author and given away for free for everyone to use.

I am looking to build a list of OpenSource (free) software projects as well as non for profit organisations who are looking for volunteer translators. While at the same time build a list of translators who wish to volunteer their time to translate these projects.

... See more
Hi,

I have some contacts in the OpenSource software community who are crying out for volunteer translators. OpenSource software is written by the author and given away for free for everyone to use.

I am looking to build a list of OpenSource (free) software projects as well as non for profit organisations who are looking for volunteer translators. While at the same time build a list of translators who wish to volunteer their time to translate these projects.

My idea will hopefully bring OpenSource software to a wider geographical audience by making it available in multiple languages while at the same time giving new/experienced translators the chance to volunteer their skills.

The volunteer translator will benefit from having further experience under their belt, a testimonial, be credited for their work within the software itself and a warm fuzzy feeling for giving something back to the OpenSource community.

If interested please reply to this thread with a contact (email?) and the language/s you are willing to translate from and into.

I already have a growing list and no doubt there will be plenty of interest on both sides!

Thanks,
Ryan
Collapse

Sam Pinson
Sam Pinson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:45
Member (2011)
Russian to English
Happy to help May 5, 2011

Russian to English. I've replied to you offline.

ryanluke86 (X)
ryanluke86 (X)
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 5, 2011

Thank you Sam and to everyone else who replied offline! I will be in contact soon with some projects.

Bryn Morris (X)
Bryn Morris (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
French to English
+ ...
Me too! May 5, 2011

I can translate French, German and Spanish into English. I've sent my contact details to you offline. Thanks!

RocioL
RocioL
Local time: 19:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
I want to help May 25, 2011

I can translate spanish/english .. english/ spanish

I've replied to you offline

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:45
Dutch to English
+ ...
Happy to help too ;) May 26, 2011

Have sent you a message.

cmbridges
cmbridges  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
English to Portuguese Volunteer Translator Jun 9, 2011

Hello!

I'd love to collaborate.
I translate English to Portuguese

Best regards,
Carla

Anton Linyuk
Anton Linyuk  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:45
English to Russian
+ ...
would like to help Jun 10, 2011

Hi,

I'm willing to help you with the project.

I can translate from English/French into Russian.

Yolanda Arnaiz
Yolanda Arnaiz
English to Spanish
I would love to help. I translate from English into Spanish from Spain Jun 13, 2011

ryanluke86 wrote:

Hi,

My idea will hopefully bring OpenSource software to a wider geographical audience by making it available in multiple languages while at the same time giving new/experienced translators the chance to volunteer their skills.

The volunteer translator will benefit from having further experience under their belt, a testimonial, be credited for their work within the software itself and a warm fuzzy feeling for giving something back to the OpenSource community.

If interested please reply to this thread with a contact (email?) and the language/s you are willing to translate from and into.

I already have a growing list and no doubt there will be plenty of interest on both sides!

Thanks,
Ryan

Lucia De Rocco
Lucia De Rocco  Identity Verified
Italian
+ ...
English and German to Italian Jun 15, 2011

I am happy to collaborate for this project. bye.Lucia

Marta Rubio
Marta Rubio
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
English into Spanish from Spain Sep 7, 2011

I would like to help translating from English into Spanish.

Carla Morra
Carla Morra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
English,Spanish,French to Italian Sep 12, 2011

Hi there!I would be glad to help out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for many volunteer translators for OpenSource software community

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »