Need resources about teleinterpretation in China
Thread poster: AHMoreno
Aug 9, 2011

Hi! My name is Adriana and I am a Spanish University student doing a market research on TELEINTERPRETATION (sector, market size, etc). Concretely, teleinterpretation in the country of CHINA. It's being quite hard to find information. I wrote you to ask you if you could, is possible, provide me some information about this topic or any interesting webpage with information about it. Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:14
Chinese to English
No hard data, but... Aug 10, 2011

My experience is that there isn't very much. There aren't enough competent interpreters in China to make it possible; and seeing as everyone uses underqualified interpreters, you might as well just grab the nearest English graduate rather than paying for an English graduate on the phone.

There may be demand in Chinese-Japanese, or Chinese-other, but my feeling is that interpretation is still so dominated by non-professionals in China that there's no room for a niche like teleinterpreting to grow.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need resources about teleinterpretation in China

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search