achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:37
Italian to English
+ ...
May 11, 2004

Hi,

My copy of my most used Italian/English general dictionary (Zanichelli) is starting to look the worse for wear.

I could also do with buying new versions of my most used (borrowed from a friend) technical dictionary (Hoepli).

I was wondering if, in this day and age, versions of the above dictionaries are available on CD/DVD rom and if anyone has used them.

I have used some CD rom based disctionaries, and whilst they waren't from any of the m
... See more
Hi,

My copy of my most used Italian/English general dictionary (Zanichelli) is starting to look the worse for wear.

I could also do with buying new versions of my most used (borrowed from a friend) technical dictionary (Hoepli).

I was wondering if, in this day and age, versions of the above dictionaries are available on CD/DVD rom and if anyone has used them.

I have used some CD rom based disctionaries, and whilst they waren't from any of the more reputable editors, they were pretty useless.

I'm looking for a dictionary I can search with various wildcards and pref. also part words etc. and still be able to get the same quality of info I would get by lookign the word up in a paper dictionary.

If you've tried a resource such as this i would definitely appreciate your thoughts on using them. Better still if you can give me the full ref. of the version you have used.

Many thanks.

Sandy Chisholm
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian English dictionaries on CD/DVD Rom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »