Flip spell checker
Thread poster: veralucianunes

veralucianunes
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
Nov 11, 2011

Hi.
I'm doing an Ma in translation (fm Inglish to Portuguese). I'm looking for a good, reliable spell checker. I've heard about Flip.com.
What the Portuguese or Brazilian and/or translation community think about Flip?
Would anybody recommend a reliable spell checker?
tks

Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:54
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Grammarly Nov 14, 2011

I can recommend a service called Grammaly. It's grammarly.com
It checks grammar, punctuation and style of your text that you need to paste into a special field on the page.

Maria Amorim  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:54
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
About Flip Nov 14, 2011

I use mostly the Microsoft Office check spelling for Portuguese language which one can buy online and install in the computer (my computers are Swedish, so I had to do that). I use Flip mainly for language conversion to the Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement. This feature is probably the main advantage with Flip, a simple and reliable software. One can also use it for conversion between Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese.
On a day-to-day basis work, I would recommend the check spelling from Microsoft.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Flip.com x Flip.pt Nov 14, 2011

veralucianunes wrote:
I'm looking for a good, reliable spell checker. I've heard about Flip.com.

Correct URL: http://www.flip.pt/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Flip spell checker

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search