Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:51
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 14, 2004

Hi,
I translate from Hebrew into Italian and I find it difficult to find good dictionaries in this language pair. Therefore I would like to know what Hebrew-English dictionaries you recommend. In particular, what is the best Hebrew-English legal dictionary? It seems most of the work in this language pair is connected with legal matters.
Thanks.
Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

Sidney Lightman
Local time: 08:51
French to English
+ ...
Hebrew-English dictionaries Jun 18, 2004

Laura Gentili wrote:

Hi,
I translate from Hebrew into Italian and I find it difficult to find good dictionaries in this language pair. Therefore I would like to know what Hebrew-English dictionaries you recommend. In particular, what is the best Hebrew-English legal dictionary? It seems most of the work in this language pair is connected with legal matters.
Thanks.
Laura

The best general Hebrew English dictionary I know is "The Complete Hebrew-English Dictionary", by Reuven Alcalay, New Enlarged Edition, 2 vols, published in Israel by Yedioth Ahronoth/Chemed Books. It is the Hebrew equivalent of the German Langenscheidt Muret-Sanders.

Two recently published (in Israel) dictionaries in the legal field are:

1. "Business Dictionary, Juridical and Economic English-Hebrew
Hebrew-English Juridical and Economic", published by Prolog.
This is very useful and actually contains a pretty
comprehensive list of legal, commercial and economic terms.

2. "Legal Dictionary English-Hebrew Hebrew-English", by two
lawyers -- Elisheva Shaked and Aviad Hacohen -- published by
Sifri. This is quite useful, too, although not as extensive
as 1.

I hope this helps.

Sidney Lightman
London, England

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hebrew-English dictionaries

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search