https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/21403-suggestion_listing_resources.html

Suggestion: Listing Resources
Thread poster: Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English to Italian
+ ...
May 21, 2004

Hi all,

At Proz, you already list CAT tools available on the market.
Why do not you extend this listing to include other resources such as: word counting tools, dictionary, software, etc., available on the free market and that could be valuable for our trade and to which
anyone in need for a piece of advice could resort to?

For instance: why not listing, for any language and any country, the vocabularies and dictionaries available on the market in that part
... See more
Hi all,

At Proz, you already list CAT tools available on the market.
Why do not you extend this listing to include other resources such as: word counting tools, dictionary, software, etc., available on the free market and that could be valuable for our trade and to which
anyone in need for a piece of advice could resort to?

For instance: why not listing, for any language and any country, the vocabularies and dictionaries available on the market in that particular language?

It could be useful to have an area on Proz where to take notice of tools available on the market for any prospective purchase or advice.

Regards,

Francesco
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
Dutch to English
+ ...
Seems like an excellent idea May 21, 2004

Dear Francesco,

This seems like a splendid suggestion. I hope that it can be worked out. I definitely would use such a resource.

Have a great weekend. I hope that you are free to enjoy it; I have to work. Tanto que hacer, tan poco tiempo.

Lucinda

Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thnak you, Lucinda! May 21, 2004

Lucinda Hollenberg wrote:

Dear Francesco,

This seems like a splendid suggestion. I hope that it can be worked out. I definitely would use such a resource.

Have a great weekend. I hope that you are free to enjoy it; I have to work. Tanto que hacer, tan poco tiempo.

Lucinda

Alas! Or...Great?!
Meaning: me too, I have to work as well

Francesco

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Specially dictionaries May 22, 2004

Since we already have a great Glosspost section, I don't see very clearly the reason of keeping actual dictionary reviews constrained to the occasional user request in the fora. I think we'd all take advantage of a Dictionary section where we translators could review the dictionaries we own and use (mono/bi/multilingual, and per field), as well as do some searching into prospective purchases without having to dig deeply into past "Translator's resources" postings.

Does this make sen
... See more
Since we already have a great Glosspost section, I don't see very clearly the reason of keeping actual dictionary reviews constrained to the occasional user request in the fora. I think we'd all take advantage of a Dictionary section where we translators could review the dictionaries we own and use (mono/bi/multilingual, and per field), as well as do some searching into prospective purchases without having to dig deeply into past "Translator's resources" postings.

Does this make sense? Is it something that is being addressed or considered in any way?

Thank you!

Rubén
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: Listing Resources

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »