What's the best multilingual plugin for WordPress translation?
Thread poster: Krystian Aparta

Krystian Aparta  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:33
Polish to English
+ ...
Feb 16, 2012

I was asked to help out with selecting the best plugin for translating a WordPress-based blog (so that it could be run in two languages). However, I don't know much about WordPress, and there are many, many plugins (see http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/multilanguage). Do you guys have any suggestions? The idea is to find something for the (human) translator to be able to add text automatically when the new post in the source language comes up, to keep it all synchronized.

Marta Stelmaszak  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:33
Polish to English
+ ...
Qtranslate? Feb 17, 2012

I'd suggest using qtranslate, as it allows you to add your own human translation, or you can synchronise it with MT tools. Try this link: http://www.qianqin.de/qtranslate/.

WPML and qTranslate May 19, 2012

Check out this review of best WordPress translation plugins on WPMayor.com, but I would recommend WPML, best in class by far.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's the best multilingual plugin for WordPress translation?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search