Thread poster: Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva
Adolpho J Silva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:13
German to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2004

Could anyone pls indicate a CAT program/tool which enables to memorize and reproduce not only isolated words, but whole sentences ? Thanks.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
la maggior parte dei CAT fanno proprio questo! Jun 13, 2004

Praticamente tutti i CAT dividono il testo in segmenti, per lo più corrispondenti alle "frasi". In molti CAT, p.es. in Trados, si possono anche immettere regole di segmentazione più o meno duttili.

Una volta si parlava di un rivoluzionario CAT basato sulle singole parole... non ricordo come si chiamava -se ti serve posso fare una ricerca sul disco - ma mi sembra che non abbia mai preso piede.

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:13
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I thought all of them do... Jun 13, 2004

But check out www.wordfast.net

Regards,
Gerard

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
Intellicomplete... Jun 13, 2004

Adolpho Silva wrote:

Could anyone pls indicate a CAT program/tool which enables to memorize and reproduce not only isolated words, but whole sentences ? Thanks.

Intellicomplete is not a CAT tool but it does just that!
It costs $50 but you can download a free 30 day trial from www.flashpeak.com

Regards

Barnaby

Adolpho J Silva
Brazil
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your indication - I will try out Intellicomplete Jun 13, 2004

Barnaby Capel-Dunn wrote:

Adolpho Silva wrote:

Intellicomplete is not a CAT tool but it does just that!
It costs $50 but you can download a free 30 day trial from www.flashpeak.com

Regards

Barnaby

Adolpho J Silva
Brazil
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your assistance. Could you please make a research as you indicated and let me know Jun 13, 2004

Luca Tutino wrote:

Praticamente tutti i CAT dividono il testo in segmenti, per lo più corrispondenti alle "frasi". In molti CAT, p.es. in Trados, si possono anche immettere regole di segmentazione più o meno duttili.

Una volta si parlava di un rivoluzionario CAT basato sulle singole parole... non ricordo come si chiamava -se ti serve posso fare una ricerca sul disco - ma mi sembra che non abbia mai preso piede.

Adolpho J Silva
Brazil
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your assistance. Will check out Wordfast. Jun 13, 2004

Gerard de Noord wrote:

But check out www.wordfast.net

Regards,
Gerard

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
The point of CAT tools is to memorize sentences Jun 14, 2004

Actually, I don't know of any CAT tools that only memorize words. They are all based on the principle of remembering sentences and then suggesting them in case of similarities.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
OmegaT does paragraphs Jun 15, 2004

Elvira Stoianov wrote:
Actually, I don't know of any CAT tools that only memorize words. They are all based on the principle of remembering sentences and then suggesting them in case of similarities.

OmegaT segments by paragraph instead of by sentence. There are macros available for OmT users who prefer sentence segmentation, though.

Premier Focus
Premier Focus  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:13
German to English
+ ...
CAT tool "Fusion" Aug 5, 2004

Adolpho Silva wrote:

Good morning!

May I also suggest another tool called "Fusion". It is a rather new tool out on the market, but has many great advantages. It is currently being offered through ProZ: http://www.proz.com/fusion

You can download a free trial and test the program to see if you like it. In comparison to a lot of other tools this one is quite a bit easier to learn for a beginner.

Should you have any questions, feel free to email me!

Good luck!

Kerstin

AriadneR
AriadneR
English to German
+ ...
CAT tool Aug 6, 2004

Adolpho Silva wrote:

These two CAT tools also store sentences / segments in their TM:

1 - Recently I came across an advertisement of the following CAT tool, described here: http://www.across.net/de ( 399 €).

2 - I also know that MetaTexis ( www. metaTexis.com) is a very useful tool and at a very reasonable price (between 79 and 109 € depending on version). You can download a test version for free.

Hope being helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT (memorizing sentences)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »