Thread poster: Leveleki

Leveleki  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:19
French to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2012

Hi, everbody.
I wondered whether anyone could be kind enough to help me with a little problem. I have just fallen in love with a Ukrainian lady, whose English is fledgling.
I am looking for THE BEST possible instant translation software for UkrainianEnglish which we could use to send each other emails in the other's language, or, even, be able to have chats, by means of instant translations.
Any help or advice, please!??!
Kind regards
"Leveleki"

Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
GT Jul 13, 2012

Looks like google translate is the only option. But it's better to start learning languages of each other, if your/her intentions are serious;)

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Ukrainian love Jul 13, 2012

Hi,
Well, what about Google translate?
Of course if you wish to exchange philosophical views, it might not be quite the thing.

But it should help both of you a lot otherwise.

Try it!

Best wishes,
Claudette

[Edited at 2012-07-13 07:47 GMT]

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Jul 13, 2012

Many thanks, Oksana. Don't worry - I already have BUT unfortuantely I started with Russian about two months ago and need to "transform" that into Ukrainian. At least I have already managed to get to grips with the alphabet - a major step, I am sure you will agree!
I'll give Goooge a try, Дуже вам дякую.

Peter Holozan
Slovenia
Alternative Ukrainian/English online translation Jul 13, 2012

You can also try http://itranslate4.eu/
Here you have machine translator for Ukrainian by Trident (plugin for chat is also available).

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all Jul 13, 2012

Many thanks to you all for responding and helping. I have actually tried Google Translate and find it works incredibly well!

France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to close Jul 13, 2012

By the way, never having used this forum before in all my years with ProZ, I don't know how to "close" the topic so that no-one else wastes their time.
Is there a way to close it???

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:19
Russian to English
+ ...
Yes, I agree. Google translate might be good at the initial stage of friendship Jul 13, 2012

I agree. Google translate might be good for your initial communication purposes. Don't learn Russian from Google, though, please. Also, Ukrainian is a totally different language, but the alphabet you have been learning might be very useful, and Russian language is very useful as well. You might have to learn both, really.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Instant translation software Ukrainian to/from English

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search