Thread poster: transatgees
transatgees
transatgees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:29
German to English
+ ...
Aug 29, 2012

Can anyone please tell me where on the web I can find at least the headings of the various sections of the above as they appear in the official English-language version of this spec. I can find the German headings in the Beuth Verlag web-site but cannot trace the English ones.

I need these as the document I am translating reproduces most of these as headings as part of the German document.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 14:29
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try BS Aug 29, 2012

This EN standard also exists as a BS, so I think if you research the equivalent BS, you will probably find what you are looking for — it has always worked for me in the past, though I've not actually researched this particular standard, of course.

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Not sure if this is what you're looking for Aug 29, 2012

DIN EN 9100:2010-07 (D)
Qualitätsmanagementsysteme –Anforderungen an Organisationen der Luftfahrt, Raumfahrt und Verteidigung;Deutsche und Englische Fassung EN 9100:2009
See more
DIN EN 9100:2010-07 (D)
Qualitätsmanagementsysteme –Anforderungen an Organisationen der Luftfahrt, Raumfahrt und Verteidigung;Deutsche und Englische Fassung EN 9100:2009
http://www.beuth.de/cmd;jsessionid=8ABA9A18DB45FADB7602C178583AAD65.3?workflowname=infoInstantdownload&docname=1634552&contextid=beuth&servicerefname=beuth&ixos=toc

English Version
Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
EN 9100:2009 (E)
https://www.astandis.at/shopV5/Preview.action;jsessionid=7F14AC9998F686FE18F0CCA9BABCD956?preview=&dokkey=355029&selectedLocale=en
Collapse

transatgees
transatgees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect! Aug 30, 2012

Many thanks indeed, Alison.

The BSI is always very stingy about how much of each standard it puts on the web. Its real interest is selling copies of standards, not making information available free of charge.

Many thanks again.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 14:29
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
BSI stinginess Aug 30, 2012

Indeed, but it's hardly surprising, since the sale of standards is after all a major source of income for standards bodies worldwide! I think you'll find ANSI, DIN, ISO, IEC, etc. are all about the same.

However, you did say that "just the headings" might be enough for you, and these are commonly available in sales information, not necessarily directly from the BSI, sometimes from other outlets.

BTW, I have come across illegal postings of some whole standards texts on t
... See more
Indeed, but it's hardly surprising, since the sale of standards is after all a major source of income for standards bodies worldwide! I think you'll find ANSI, DIN, ISO, IEC, etc. are all about the same.

However, you did say that "just the headings" might be enough for you, and these are commonly available in sales information, not necessarily directly from the BSI, sometimes from other outlets.

BTW, I have come across illegal postings of some whole standards texts on the 'Net, seemingly published by Far Eastern bodies (I couldn't read the script to find out who!) for some reason or other. Not to be recommended, naturally!

I have access to an excellent BS / EN /DefStan / MilSpec standards library in the field of EMC testing, if anyone has specific queries in that field.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DIN EN 9100

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »