Is there a Russian-English (or English-Russian) chemistry dictionary that has accent marks?
Thread poster: DARKastheRAIN
Oct 11, 2012

I want to buy a good Russian-English and/or English-Russian dictionary of chemistry terms. I've looked at Callaham's Russian-English Dictionary of Science and Technology and Dictionary of Chemistry and Chemical Technology in Four Languages, but neither of them have accent marks on the Russian words. To me this is a major flaw seeing as I'd quite like to know how to pronounce the words. It's not much good having a print dictionary if I have to look the word up online every time anyway to see how it's pronounced.

Does anyone know of a Russian/English chemistry dictionary that does have accent marks?

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Hardly Oct 14, 2012

Russian chemical terms have predictable stress (it ain’t English, you know ), thus, no such dictionary, probably, exist. At least, neither С. И. Евдощенко, В. В. Дубичинский, В. В. Гайвороновская «Словарь химических терминов с толкованиями, особенностями употребления и английскими эквивалентами», «Феникс», Ростов н/Д, 2006, nor П. Н. Макуров «Новый русско-английский словарь по химии и химической технологии», «Технические словари», М.-Мн.-К., 2000 have it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a Russian-English (or English-Russian) chemistry dictionary that has accent marks?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search