Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:50
Czech to German
+ ...
Aug 28, 2004

This is the address of The Directory of Open Access Journals by the University of Lund, Sweden:

"This service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. We aim to cover all subjects and languages. There are now 1218 journals in the directory. Currently 318 journals are searchable on article level. As of today 59314 articles are included in the DOAJ service."

You may browse by title or subject, for free.

Enjoy!

... See more
This is the address of The Directory of Open Access Journals by the University of Lund, Sweden:

"This service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. We aim to cover all subjects and languages. There are now 1218 journals in the directory. Currently 318 journals are searchable on article level. As of today 59314 articles are included in the DOAJ service."

You may browse by title or subject, for free.

Enjoy!

Charlotte
Collapse

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:50
German to English
+ ...
Mainly English. Aug 28, 2004

That looks interesting. There are links to several hundred journals, categorised by field of interest. I've had a quick visit and looked at a few of the mathematics and engineering journals listed there. Most of them state that their language is English. A few claim English and, for example, Japanese, German, or Spanish. However, each article is only in one language and in my browsing I only saw one that wasn't in English - a French one in one of the maths journals. This will be useful to some p... See more
That looks interesting. There are links to several hundred journals, categorised by field of interest. I've had a quick visit and looked at a few of the mathematics and engineering journals listed there. Most of them state that their language is English. A few claim English and, for example, Japanese, German, or Spanish. However, each article is only in one language and in my browsing I only saw one that wasn't in English - a French one in one of the maths journals. This will be useful to some people and rather less to others.
What I would like is "Rosetta stone" journals, with each article in more than one language (English and French or German in my case). Such journals are probably very rare. The only ones I have ever seen are on the Web sites of research institutions such as Fraunhofer in Germany.
Collapse

Elena Sgarbo (X)
Elena Sgarbo (X)  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks, Charlotte! Aug 30, 2004

Excellent resource for those of us working with Science, Medicine and Language.

Thank you

Elena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For scientific research and FREE: http://www.doaj.org/home

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »