CD-Rom with 1902 Muret-Sanders - any views?
Thread poster: xxxUSER00230
xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:06
German to English
Aug 31, 2004

calling historical translators...

I recently found this on the web, an Australian site offering a CD-Rom (for only $29) of the 1902 edition of Muret-Sanders. This work is useful for translating older German texts. Anyone by any chance got any views on this CD-Rom?

site address:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/msd1/muret.htm

Direct link Reply with quote

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 05:06
English to Russian
Argh... Sep 1, 2004

smythwj wrote: CD-Rom of the 1902 edition of ...

Did Australians or Germans have CD-ROMs in 1902???

xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
? Sep 1, 2004

je ne comprends pas monsieur

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
German to English
+ ...
Argh... Sep 1, 2004

[quote]Aleksandr Okunev wrote:

Did Australians or Germans have CD-ROMs in 1902???

Duh! Of course they did! What's more, Luther translated the Bible in 1534 in MP3 format. You can order it from http://bibelsoftware.ch/.

Marc

Schmoyer
English
Great book Sep 8, 2004

smythwj wrote:

calling historical translators...

I recently found this on the web, an Australian site offering a CD-Rom (for only $29) of the 1902 edition of Muret-Sanders. This work is useful for translating older German texts. Anyone by any chance got any views on this CD-Rom?

site address:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/msd1/muret.htm[/quote]

I have this CD-ROM and I think its a great reference to use for any kind of general German translating. It's very detailed and careful translations and packed to the brim with interesting terms. The Muret-Sanders is about fax-quality text.

xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
cd rom Sep 8, 2004

thanks schmoyer

do you know if the Cd-Rom is based on the full two volume Muret-Sanders German-English or on the abridged \\\"hand und Schulausgabe\\\"?

Schmoyer
English
Muret-Sanders 1902 on CD-ROM Sep 8, 2004

smythwj wrote:

thanks schmoyer

do you know if the Cd-Rom is based on the full two volume Muret-Sanders German-English or on the abridged \"hand und Schulausgabe\"?

It is the full two-volume unabridged edition, not the Hand und Schulausgabe. You can see from the first screenshot on the site that it is the "Grosse Ausgabe" if you look carefully. My copy has 2,450 pages for the German to English two volumes alone. The English to German half is not included.

They have some special on at the moment where you get another 1,200 page dictionary for $39. Definitely worth it.

xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bought it - very happy Mar 26, 2005

Hi
Never replied to your message - it just occurred to me it might be worthwhile to say that I bought the CD-Rom from http://home.iprimus.com.au/msd1/muret.htm and am glad I did. Very useful and I recommend it to anyone else who is interested. For anyone doing translations of older texts it is invaluable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CD-Rom with 1902 Muret-Sanders - any views?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search