Building personal glossaries - suggestions needed
Thread poster: Josephine Cassar

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:28
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2013

I wonder bow other members build up their own language glossary for specific areas: i.e. suppose you have built up quite a dictionary in a certain language pair for Business. apart from using Machine tools like Trados, Wordfast etc, is there any other way of building them up in an organised manner and having the autosuggest? I would like member's ideas on the topic. Thank you

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:28
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
You could try Anylexic Mar 3, 2013

It won't provide you autosuggest but will give you one central place for managing all your glossaries.

See here: http://www.anylexic.com/en/

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:28
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Personal glossary Mar 3, 2013

Thank you. I see others are interested too. Is it free? At least I would have them in one place under specific topics or can search for terms easily

Diana Coada  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:28
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Check these ones out Mar 4, 2013

1. Unilex http://www.acolada.de/unilex.htm

2. There's also Interplex and Interpretbank which are clearly aimed at interpreters, but they might be what you're looking for.

However, I think that the easiest way is to have your glossaries in one folder and have it searched with DTSearch or DocFetcher or the like.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Building personal glossaries - suggestions needed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search