Antidote: Can I use it on more than one computer?
Thread poster: Vivien Green

Vivien Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
French to English
Mar 3, 2013

I am thinking of buying "Antidote" (I am a French to English translator but it would be useful to run any French I write for the purposes of communicating with clients through something like this). I am also hoping to get a new computer at some point in the next year. Will I be able to use it on my new computer if I buy one?

[Edited at 2013-03-03 18:22 GMT]

Guillaume Chareyron  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:00
German to French
+ ...
Do you need it on both computers? Mar 3, 2013

Hi Vivien!
I bought a new computer this year and could install Antidote without any problem using my license. Nevertheless, you ve got to activate the license online, and activating the license on a second computer can *maybe* inactivate this license on the first computer. I can't tell you though, if it's the case, as I uninstall Antidote on my "old" computer.
So, if you need it only on one computer, it won't be a problem. If you need it on both computer, you should maybe ask the antidote team if it's possible.

HTH
Cheers
Guillaume

Vivien Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 5, 2013

Thanks - that's what I wanted to know!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Antidote: Can I use it on more than one computer?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search