Chinese English or Taiwanese English resources - help needed
Thread poster: E4NET
E4NET
E4NET
South Korea
Jun 18, 2013

Someone asked me to find resource for English to English(China) and English(Taiwan).
First, I have no idea if there is such kind of English in China and Taiwan. Maybe he believes there should be English language that is widely used in China or Taiwan, just like English in India. Also he said it's roughly like British English.
I am Korean so I have no Idea about Chinese but I know that China and Taiwan is not English spoken country. So I am sure if there is Chinese English or Taiwanes
... See more
Someone asked me to find resource for English to English(China) and English(Taiwan).
First, I have no idea if there is such kind of English in China and Taiwan. Maybe he believes there should be English language that is widely used in China or Taiwan, just like English in India. Also he said it's roughly like British English.
I am Korean so I have no Idea about Chinese but I know that China and Taiwan is not English spoken country. So I am sure if there is Chinese English or Taiwanese English.
Please someone in there, let me know the truth.

[Edited at 2013-06-18 09:44 GMT]
Collapse

Florian_B
Florian_B
Germany
Local time: 05:58
English to German
+ ...
its a dialect, but i dont have any "resources" for you Jul 14, 2013

I suppose you are asking about the differences between Taiwanese and (mainland-)Chinese?

Generally speaking the differences can be compared to north and south Korean I suppose.
Where the Taiwanese "dialect" is more similiar to the southern chinese and influenced by fujian dialects.

Wether there are any specific dictinaries that distinguish between commonly used expressions in Taiwan and mainland China I would be interested to know about such resources aswell.
... See more
I suppose you are asking about the differences between Taiwanese and (mainland-)Chinese?

Generally speaking the differences can be compared to north and south Korean I suppose.
Where the Taiwanese "dialect" is more similiar to the southern chinese and influenced by fujian dialects.

Wether there are any specific dictinaries that distinguish between commonly used expressions in Taiwan and mainland China I would be interested to know about such resources aswell.

Oh and Taiwan uses traditional and China uses simplified characters.

And, google:

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/타이완어
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese English or Taiwanese English resources - help needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »