Articles and books for thesis on translation
Thread poster: RebeccaJ
RebeccaJ
Italy
Oct 6, 2013

Hello everybody,
I'm an Italian student of Interpreting and Translation and I am writing my graduation thesis.
I'm translating a long article about graphic design from Italian into English and I would like to know if some of yo u could help me find articles or books about translation from IT into EN.
Articles don't have necessarily to be related to traslation applied to graphic design.
I truly apprecciate any help.

Thank you in advance

Rebecca.

Direct link Reply with quote

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:09
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Articles Oct 6, 2013

Hi Rebecca, what kind of articles do you need, in what language, and what else do you need? Could you explain a bit more please? Would not mind helping out, but need to know more

RebeccaJ
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Articles 2 Oct 8, 2013

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Hi Rebecca, what kind of articles do you need, in what language, and what else do you need? Could you explain a bit more please? Would not mind helping out, but need to know more

Thank you Josephine for helping me.

I don't mind the language, Italian or English would suit me. I'd prefer articles in English, though.
Articles or books should be about translation in general, the experience of a translator, difficulties about translation, etc. Something that could explain to me what a real translator goes through when he/she is translating something.
I read "Dire quasi la stessa cosa" by U. Eco. I wouldn't mind reading something like that where the author gives examples and explains a little of translation theory.

I don't know if i make myself clear.

Rebecca.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Articles and books for thesis on translation

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search