Agency Project Management Software
Thread poster: Continental Translations
Continental Translations
Continental Translations
Local time: 11:34
English to Albanian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2004

Does anybody know if there is any free project management software / databases out there for small agencies? I have just had a look at Translation Office Management (TOM) however the prices are too high.

I'm looking for something easy to use which will help me manage projects, clients and translators.

Shang
Shang
China
Local time: 17:34
English to Chinese
Microsoft Access is a choice Oct 27, 2004

Hi,

If you have intalled MS Office on your desktop you can try Microsoft Access which is designed for small business. It allows you to create your own database using its Wizard.

Edmund Shang

Continental Translations
Continental Translations
Local time: 11:34
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agency Project Management Software Oct 27, 2004

shang wrote:

Hi,

If you have intalled MS Office on your desktop you can try Microsoft Access which is designed for small business. It allows you to create your own database using its Wizard.

Edmund Shang

Thanks.

I am currently using a self-made project management database made in MS Access 2000. Nonetheless, I am after something which does everything such as invoicing etc... I ain't got that kind of knowledge to create such a database in MS Access

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 02:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
MS Project XP or 2003, but if you're doing & managing a lot of concurrent projects Oct 27, 2004

Greetings.

You might consider getting MS Project XP or 2003, but only if you're doing and managing a lot of concurrent (and administratively-complex) projects.

MS Project otherwise is overbuilt and saturated with features.

MS Access should suffice once you get accustomed to using it.

I think several project-tracking programs that were designed specifically for translators / small businesses have recently appeared.

HTH. Good luck,<
... See more
Greetings.

You might consider getting MS Project XP or 2003, but only if you're doing and managing a lot of concurrent (and administratively-complex) projects.

MS Project otherwise is overbuilt and saturated with features.

MS Access should suffice once you get accustomed to using it.

I think several project-tracking programs that were designed specifically for translators / small businesses have recently appeared.

HTH. Good luck,

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
Collapse

InText Translation Company
InText Translation Company
Estonia
Local time: 12:34
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
We use Trans-Project Office Jul 1, 2005

Hi,
Our Bureau successfully implemented the PM System Trans-Project Office. This application has greatly increased our capacities. Now the Director, Project Managers, and the Accountant are focused on their core business — rendering top-quality services to our clientele instead of solving organizational issues. Software is multilingual - English, German and Russian.
(www.trans-project.com) Go
... See more
Hi,
Our Bureau successfully implemented the PM System Trans-Project Office. This application has greatly increased our capacities. Now the Director, Project Managers, and the Accountant are focused on their core business — rendering top-quality services to our clientele instead of solving organizational issues. Software is multilingual - English, German and Russian.
(www.trans-project.com) Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-08-06 09:37]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency Project Management Software

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »