Robert Long  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:09
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 12, 2013

Hello,

I'm interested in offering "website localization" to my list of services.

I'm a much better translator than computer programmer, so does anyone know of any good, intuitive tools that one could use for such activities?

I've heard of EasyLing bust still not entirely sure on how it works. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Robbie

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 11:09
English to German
Be careful if you don't know what web servers do Dec 12, 2013

Robert Long wrote:

I'm a much better translator than computer programmer

The communication between you and the customer may be difficult, then. You might have to communicate with the customer's techie ...

I've heard of EasyLing bust still not entirely sure on how it works. Any thoughts?

It will work with certain simple websites. Probably it will not work with state-of-the-art web servers that use a CMS and/or create the browser view dynamically as a function of the user's actions. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content-Management-System

With such websites you have to use the a CMS client that fits to the customer's system.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website Localization Tools

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »