Maritime and Nautical Dictionaries (English-Spanish/ Spanish-English)
Thread poster: Crystal Samples

Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
French to English
+ ...
Dec 30, 2004

I'm looking for a good Spanish-English dictionary on naval/maritime and shipbuilding terminology. Through my own research, I've discovered a title that looks like just what I need:

Diccionario marítimo y de construcción naval: Inglés-español y español-inglés, Juan Alfaro Pérez, Barcelona: Ediciones Garriga 1976

The bad thing is that this book seems to be out of print as well as not very current. I would appreciate it if any of you could advise me either on how to get my hands on the title above or recommend another good dictionary on shipbuilding and maritime terminology.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:54
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jean-Luc Garnier Dec 31, 2004

Hi,

let me recommend you Jean-Luc Garnier's "Diccionario marítimo cuadrilingüe", Editorial De Vecchi, Barcelona. It's a very good maritime dictionary in spanish, english, french and italian. It does not contain many ship buliding terms but you will be able to find almost all you can need about ship parts, maneuvers, harbours, safety and so on.

Ciao

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maritime and Nautical Dictionaries (English-Spanish/ Spanish-English)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search