Needed: En-German glossary for interviewer instructions (questionnaires)
Thread poster: MandyT
MandyT
MandyT  Identity Verified
English to German
Jan 18, 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a glossary for interviewer instructions used in market research questionnaires? They are pretty much always the same, so there must be a glossary with the terms preferred by the market research companies.

Can you help?

Thanks

Mandy

BrigitteHilgner
BrigitteHilgner
Austria
Local time: 04:16
German to English
+ ...
Sorry - that something which seems to be missing Jan 24, 2005

I used to work as a market researcher in London in an intl. environment and either used my own list of words which I had in my head or asked a native speaker among our interviewers. I am still translating for the market research environment and asked a few people from agencies and freelancers: still the old principle: the people who do the translations (yes, there still is disgusting competition from within other industries) either know by now what to write or some have the odd A4 sheet in their... See more
I used to work as a market researcher in London in an intl. environment and either used my own list of words which I had in my head or asked a native speaker among our interviewers. I am still translating for the market research environment and asked a few people from agencies and freelancers: still the old principle: the people who do the translations (yes, there still is disgusting competition from within other industries) either know by now what to write or some have the odd A4 sheet in their drawer with the necessary vocabulary. And they don't want to share it. Because they put in the work and this is a kind of USP ...
Suggestion: Write your own glossary. If you get stuck - post a question.
Collapse

MandyT
MandyT  Identity Verified
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 25, 2005

Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for your insider information. Having worked for a translation house, I just thought I would help the reviewer if I would use their preferred translations, but I can, of course, use my own translations and build up my own glossary.

Best wishes

Mandy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Needed: En-German glossary for interviewer instructions (questionnaires)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »