Political asylum glossary - German, English, French
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:46
German to English
Feb 28, 2005

I just posted the URL in GlossPost and thought others might be interested in the Asylwörterbuch, which gives German, English and French terms related to political asylum.

http://www.fremdenfreundlichkeit-sachsen.de/sprachen/asylwoerterbuch.htm

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 18:46
German to French
+ ...
Merci Feb 28, 2005

Bonjour Kim,

J'ai répercuté le lien sur le forum French : il est utile pour les francophones aussi !

Bien cordialement,

Adrien

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 09:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Also available: English <-> Arabic Glossary of Political Asylum Feb 28, 2005

Greetings.

Thanks for posting that useful reference.

Although my German is rusty, that glossary helps in clarifying some of the most-commonly-used terms in US administrative offices during hearings of requests for political asylum or adjustment of immigration status.

Those who may need help with similar terms in the language pair of [ English Arabic ] are welcome to contact me for help from my accumulated bilingual glossary and other references about such
... See more
Greetings.

Thanks for posting that useful reference.

Although my German is rusty, that glossary helps in clarifying some of the most-commonly-used terms in US administrative offices during hearings of requests for political asylum or adjustment of immigration status.

Those who may need help with similar terms in the language pair of [ English Arabic ] are welcome to contact me for help from my accumulated bilingual glossary and other references about such terms.

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:46
English to German
+ ...
Thanks Kim... Mar 1, 2005

...that glossary is a little gem!
Cheers, johanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Political asylum glossary - German, English, French

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »