Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:18
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2016

Hello!
Could anyone recommend a good Romanesque glossary? I'm in need of terminology on architecture and Romanesque art in general. Preferably multilingual (Catalan, Spanish, English, French)
Thanks a million,
mariana

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian Nielsen-Palacios  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Romanesque Dec 3, 2016

I don't know of a Glossary (please share if you find one), but I am an architect. If I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask (cnielsen56@gmail.com)

philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I may be wrong... Dec 5, 2016

but I would have thought that's too specialized a subject to produce a glossary for. Art or architecture, sure, but Romanesque doesn't really have a terminology of its own. I just use Google.

Mariana Font  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:18
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Art & architecture Terminology - Romanesque Dec 5, 2016

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm using a series of resources, the main one being a terminology search engine in Catalan, with entries in other languages (http://www.termcat.cat/ca/Cercaterm/)
Thansk for your offer, Christian, but I hope I won't need to bother you.
And you are right, philgoddard, even though it is a very vast field, I should probably have said Art and Architecture.
Thanks and cheers,
mariana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Romanesque glossary

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search