Question: Where to look for work as a proofreader
Thread poster: KateLR57
KateLR57
KateLR57
English
Jun 21, 2005

I am not a translator but a native-speaker proofreader (and English teacher)living in Ljubljana, Slovenia. I am looking for freelance work and have consulted the yellow pages here for translators, translation agencies, and international NGO's. Does anyone have other ideas on where to look for work? I am especially interested in online resources and how you as translators "find" proofreaders.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-21 17:58]

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 00:36
French to English
Is there a local English-language newspaper or other publication where you are? Jun 22, 2005

That might be one place to start. In most cities with an expat community there is at least something (a newspaper, weekly magazine, etc.).

Good luck!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question: Where to look for work as a proofreader

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »