Thread poster: Elena Ghetti

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:39
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 30, 2005

Hi, I need to translate a Web site interface mentioning many Netscape commands, do you happen to know where I can find localized (Italian) material for Netscape? (sort of "Netscape glossaries") I had a look at their Web site and searched for them in google but was unable to find them.
thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
Don't know if this helps but... Aug 30, 2005

Hi, I just checked my old Netscape (on the laptop) but it's in English too! However, the commands look sooooo similar to those used by IE.
I did notice this site with a beta version. Maybe it's free and you can take a look:

Netscape ha da poco rilasciato la beta pubblica della versione 8 del polare Browser.
www.calshop.biz/netscape_8.html

I also think that Mozilla and Netscape use the same terms. If that's the case, I do have that in Italian.
Catherine

UPDATE: Hope that works!!

[Edited at 2005-08-30 20:38]

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
almost like Mozilla Aug 30, 2005

cbolton wrote:

I also think that Mozilla and Netscape use the name terms. If that's the case, I do have that in Italian.
Catherine

many thanks, I downloaded some bilingual material on Mozilla, and I found what I needed but a couple of expressions like for example "Text Zoom" (from the View menu)

By the way, Mozilla glossary can be downloade here:
(address kindly supplied by Robert Zawadzki)

http://www.wsection.com/mozilla/mozilla/l10n/glossaries/it-usgloss4.51.txt

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netscape glossaries?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search