https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/36603-links_for_translators.html

Links for Translators
Thread poster: Jorge Melo
Jorge Melo
Jorge Melo
Chile
Local time: 14:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2005

Links for Translators Mainly English resources. Please comment.

Hepburn
Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:56
English to French
+ ...
Links for translators: opinion Sep 11, 2005

This is going to be a magnificent tool.It is easy to use, not taking anything away from ProZ but with a feeling that it is your very own tool. No nonsense design.

Only one objection:
The police is really too dainty for the over 40 I am, even with my glasses on. I know it seems to be "in" to have very elegant and fine letters on a website to the point it looks ethereal, but H...! when we are working and sometimes desperately in a hurry, elegance is not our main worry.
... See more
This is going to be a magnificent tool.It is easy to use, not taking anything away from ProZ but with a feeling that it is your very own tool. No nonsense design.

Only one objection:
The police is really too dainty for the over 40 I am, even with my glasses on. I know it seems to be "in" to have very elegant and fine letters on a website to the point it looks ethereal, but H...! when we are working and sometimes desperately in a hurry, elegance is not our main worry.

I am looking forward to using it, but I hope my plea will be heard.

[Edited at 2005-09-11 14:21]
Collapse

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
German to English
+ ...
If it is too small to read ... Sep 11, 2005

Claudette Hepburn wrote:
Only one objection:
[Edited at 2005-09-11 14:21]

If the font is simply too small, you may be able to use your browser to enlarge it. With Firefox, press Ctrl+ to enlarge, or Ctrl- to reduce.

With Internet Explorer, it's View > Text size: that works with ProZ and KudoZ but not with the "Links for Translators" page.
If you only have Internet Explorer, that could be a reason to get Firefox (it's free, at least it is at present).

Oliver

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How to change font size in browser Sep 12, 2005

Claudette Hepburn wrote:
The police is really too dainty for the over 40 I am, even with my glasses on. I know it seems to be "in" to have very elegant and fine letters on a website to the point it looks ethereal, but...

With Opera, you can zoom in and out using PLUS and MINUS on the number pad. This zooms not only the text but also images. I find it useful when I encouter text which is really, really small. Most browsers have shortcut keys for increasing the font size, although I think Opera is the only one that also increases the images.

dxjfl
dxjfl
English to Chinese
is there a free software Oct 9, 2005

it is better to have a on-line helper.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Links for Translators

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »