Thread poster: Pnina
Pnina
Israel
Local time: 00:42
Italian to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 20, 2005

Dear Translators,

While I was sauntering through the web, I have found 2 lovely glossaries that can help translators, interpreters, and buyers of translations become better-informed before making a decision.

www.trans-k.co.uk/glossary.html

This glossary provides an explanation to many of the terms that are used frequently in connection with translation and interpreting. These terms are useful in communication with translators, interpreters, translation agencies, and providers of interpretation equipment.

www.barinas.com/glossary.htm

This is a glossary of terms that are used and misused in the translation and interpretation industry. Under any misused term there are comments on proper usage. There are useful tips as well; for instance "a good glossary will make a good translator better, but it is of little help to a poor translator."

Direct link Reply with quote

Marianela Melleda  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing Oct 20, 2005

Thanks Pnina,
I found these glossaries very useful, because there were some terms widely used in this site which meaning was not clear for me.

Regards,
Marianela

Danu  Identity Verified
Eritrea
Local time: 00:42
Member (2006)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
Thanks a lot Oct 21, 2005

I have found them very helpful to my translation career. Keep posting such valuable information.

Daniel

Angeline PhD  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:42
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Oct 22, 2005

Thanks a lot, you are so nice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossaries of Translation and Interpreting Terminology

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search