Has anyone received this message from george_koerner?
Thread poster: nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
Jul 19, 2002

Dear translators, this morning I found the following message in my mailbox. Has anyone of you received this, too? Does anyone of you know anything about the outsourcer?

Huge database of JOBS FOR FREELANCE TRANSLATORS!

Customers, emails, adresses, job descriptions

Work from home, single tasks, permanent positions, part-time jobs

Order now:

10$ - local database

20$ - world-
... See more
Dear translators, this morning I found the following message in my mailbox. Has anyone of you received this, too? Does anyone of you know anything about the outsourcer?

Huge database of JOBS FOR FREELANCE TRANSLATORS!

Customers, emails, adresses, job descriptions

Work from home, single tasks, permanent positions, part-time jobs

Order now:

10$ - local database

20$ - world-wide database

To order please make transfer via PAYPAL to [email protected]

You will receive the database in 3 days

If you prefer other payment methods, please contact

[email protected]

Collapse

Linda Young (X)
Linda Young (X)
Local time: 18:39
French to English
+ ...
I have had the same message Jul 20, 2002

Hi, I have received the same message, and I did go and check the site out. Because you have to pay upfront, you cannot actually see what type of job postings are available, so I just deleted the message.

Linda

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
probably not what it's cracked up to be Jul 20, 2002

Do you yahoo yet?

Sounds like you got spammed. Lots of translation jobs may be worth checking out though, just in case it is indeed what the guy advertizes. Try to find company information, website, etc.

nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I asked for more info Jul 21, 2002

I asked the sender of the meaasge for more info as I don\'t buy the cat in the sack and pay in advance for services I don\'t know. Strage was, that he used my old address that I haven\'t used for more than one year now.

However, he did not answer my question so it seems to be a lie he uses to get some money I hope no one has fallen into his trap.

Thank you for any input according this topic ...
See more
I asked the sender of the meaasge for more info as I don\'t buy the cat in the sack and pay in advance for services I don\'t know. Strage was, that he used my old address that I haven\'t used for more than one year now.

However, he did not answer my question so it seems to be a lie he uses to get some money I hope no one has fallen into his trap.

Thank you for any input according this topic
[addsig]
Collapse

Corinne Bono
Corinne Bono
France
English to French
+ ...
two other sites got invaded with this mail Jul 23, 2002

Hello,

Two other sites I am a member of, have had the very same mail sent to them. With people immediately emailing to say, not to trust this posting, one of many I got last week with similar far-fetched offers.

As someone else said, any site promising the world if we pay upfront for something we do not have any information about, is to be taken with caution: it is unlikely to be legal, and can even be a real spam.

Good luck !

nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not going to pay in advance for unknown services Jul 23, 2002

Dear all,

Thank you for your answers.

As he did not answer any of my questions, I assume that he is a liar and just wanted to cheat some translators.

I hope that many people have read this and the other postings about his mail and that he will not get anything.

As far as I am concerned, I\'m not going to pay in advance for unknown services.

K.
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone received this message from george_koerner?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »