Online German-English medical dictionary
Thread poster: Thomas Ochiltree

Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2006

I am brand new to this business would very much appreciate links to what members regard as the best online German-English medical dictionaries, glossaries.

 

Gilberto Lacchia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Roche Jan 2, 2006

The Roche Lexikon http://www.tk-online.de/rochelexikon/ is a very good medical dictionary.

On my directory "Internet Resources for Medical Translators" you may find many other links.

http://www.gilbertolacchia.it/risorse/risorse.htm

Good luck,
Gilberto


 

@caduceus (X)
United States
Local time: 07:07
English to German
+ ...
online medical dictionaries Jan 2, 2006

Dorlands
http://www.dorlands.com/wsearch.jsp

Roche
http://www.gesundheit.de/roche/

medi-lexicon (especially for abbreviations/acronyms)
http://www.pharma-lexicon.com/

HEXAL
http://www.hexal.de/subdomains/englisch-woerterbuch-medizin/index.php

Flexikon DocCheck
http://www.flexikon.com/Flexikon:_Terms_of_use

Dornblüth
http://www.textlog.de/9609.html

Merck Medicus
http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_home.jsp

m-press
http://www.m-press.rmc.de/medwort.htm

Beckers Abkürzungslexikon medizinischer Begriffe
http://www.medizinische-abkuerzungen.de/

Thieme Abkürzungslexikon
http://www.thieme.de/viamedici/studienort_rostock/klinik/abkuerzungen.html

NCI Drug Dictionary
http://www.cancer.gov/drugdictionary/


[Edited at 2006-01-02 22:52]


 

Ford Prefect  Identity Verified
Burkina Faso
Local time: 13:07
German to English
+ ...
Thieme Leximed Jan 3, 2006

Not online, but an absolute essential, is the Thieme Leximed DE>EN dictionary, ISBN 3131004916. There is also an EN>DE edition.

 

Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Jan 3, 2006

Gilberto Lacchia wrote:

The Roche Lexikon http://www.tk-online.de/rochelexikon/ is a very good medical dictionary.

On my directory "Internet Resources for Medical Translators" you may find many other links.

http://www.gilbertolacchia.it/risorse/risorse.htm

Good luck,
Gilberto
Your advice relating to Roche was absoutely invaluable in enabling me to finish the project, and I look forward to using the other items in your site. Regards, Thomas


 

Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Invaluable! Jan 3, 2006

Renate Cisne wrote:

Dorlands
http://www.dorlands.com/wsearch.jsp

Roche
http://www.gesundheit.de/roche/

medi-lexicon (especially for abbreviations/acronyms)
http://www.pharma-lexicon.com/

HEXAL
http://www.hexal.de/subdomains/englisch-woerterbuch-medizin/index.php

Flexikon DocCheck
http://www.flexikon.com/Flexikon:_Terms_of_use

Dornblüth
http://www.textlog.de/9609.html

Merck Medicus
http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_home.jsp

m-press
http://www.m-press.rmc.de/medwort.htm

Beckers Abkürzungslexikon medizinischer Begriffe
http://www.medizinische-abkuerzungen.de/I REALLY appreciate your reply, not just for the invaluable information, but for your throughtfulness in going to the trouble of providing it.

Thieme Abkürzungslexikon
http://www.thieme.de/viamedici/studienort_rostock/klinik/abkuerzungen.html

NCI Drug Dictionary
http://www.cancer.gov/drugdictionary/


[Edited at 2006-01-02 22:52]


 

Thomas Ochiltree  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
Member (2005)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, I'll buy it. Jan 3, 2006

James Visanji DipTrans PhD wrote:

Not online, but an absolute essential, is the Thieme Leximed DE>EN dictionary, ISBN 3131004916. There is also an EN>DE edition.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and for the good advice. Regards, Tom


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online German-English medical dictionary

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search