Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En
Thread poster: Jennifer Gal

Jennifer Gal  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:57
Hungarian to English
+ ...
May 23, 2006

What do you automotive Prozians consider the gold standard automotive Fr>En (or Fr>En/En>Fr) dictionary? I think I'd like to buy a physical dictionary, albeit expensive. Or, an on-line subscription if it truly is the closest thing to a one-stop shop. I can usually find what I need, but I have to cycle through five or six on-line glossaries, which is tiring. I'd rather have one excellent one, and use those others as backup.

I saw references to several different dics. when I searched the articles and forums, but couldn't distill a "top of the line" from it all. Thanks very much! Jennifer Gal

[Edited at 2006-05-23 17:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Ollivier
Local time: 10:57
English to French
Fr>En and En>Fr automotive dictionary May 23, 2006

I would suggest "Le Grand Dictionnaire Terminologique" at the following address:
http://www.granddictionnaire.com/btml/fra/r_motclef/index1024_1.asp

It's a good technical dictionary and it's free.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search