Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En
Thread poster: Jennifer Gal

Jennifer Gal  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
Hungarian to English
+ ...
May 23, 2006

What do you automotive Prozians consider the gold standard automotive Fr>En (or Fr>En/En>Fr) dictionary? I think I'd like to buy a physical dictionary, albeit expensive. Or, an on-line subscription if it truly is the closest thing to a one-stop shop. I can usually find what I need, but I have to cycle through five or six on-line glossaries, which is tiring. I'd rather have one excellent one, and use those others as backup.

I saw references to several different dics. when I searched the articles and forums, but couldn't distill a "top of the line" from it all. Thanks very much! Jennifer Gal

[Edited at 2006-05-23 17:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Ollivier
Local time: 00:42
English to French
Fr>En and En>Fr automotive dictionary May 23, 2006

I would suggest "Le Grand Dictionnaire Terminologique" at the following address:

It's a good technical dictionary and it's free.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search