Routledge Spanish Technical Dictionary CD-ROM (Loose Leaf) 2006 ed.
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:28
Spanish
+ ...
Jun 22, 2006

I was just going to buy the CD-ROM edition of the Routledge Spanish Technical Dictionary and I found another edition that is not on sale yet: Routledge Spanish Technical Dictionary CD-ROM (Loose Leaf).

Amazon lists the publication date as December 2015, which is obviously a mistake. I googled up the ISBN number (0415160715) and it seems it's a CD-ROM/Network/multi-user version of the dictionary and it's gonna be released this year. I don't know if it's gonna be a subscription to the online dictionary or an actual CD-ROM--I doubt it will be both since the CD-Rom 98 version is more than twice the price. And also how can it be 'loose leaf' if it's an electronic version?

I already emailed the company for more information but I doubt I will get an answer anytime soon. So I'm also posting here if anybody has any information on this new edition.

I wanted to buy it ASAP and I don't know if it will be worth waiting until December just to find out it wasn't what I was looking for. On the other hand I don't know how outdated the 98 version is. I would really appreciate any information.

Claudia

[Edited at 2006-06-22 01:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Maybe try other language pairs Jun 22, 2006

I saw that your post received no reply in almost a day. Maybe you should try deleting the word "Spanish" in the title of your post. More people would look at it, because many people have the same dictionart in other languages. I am only guessing, but I think that it's the same dictionary in another language. Most likely, if the English-French version is good, the English-Spanish will also be good.

I hope you will get replies soon!

[Edited at 2006-06-22 19:26]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2015 Jun 26, 2006

Thank you Viktoria, but I'm actually referring to a particular edition of a particular dictionary Anyway, I talked to someone at the publishing house and they told me it's not a mistake, the next edition of the Routledge Spanish Technical Dictionary on CD-ROM is schedule for 2015.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Routledge Spanish Technical Dictionary CD-ROM (Loose Leaf) 2006 ed.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search