Editing matter.
Thread poster: Valentin Georgescu
Valentin Georgescu
Local time: 03:01
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2006

What is the normal method you use when editing a translated text?

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Electronically Jul 14, 2006

Valentin Georgescu wrote:
What is the normal method you use when editing a translated text?

I prefer to do it electronically, myself; but a colleague of mine prefers to work on the hardcopy and leave the electronic editing to the client.

Rosemary Schmid
Local time: 20:01
English
Using track changes Jul 14, 2006

Since I might be a "third party" when editing begins, I often use the "Track Changes" function of Word. I also use the Comment function when I think there are possible differences of interpretation. If I've received the document via email or e-file, I save a lot of time and avoid adding errors.

When I edit brief reports for engineering students, some of my "changes" need explanation or clarification because they are usually writing in their first language, but are inexperienced with technical writing.

It's easy to save two versions of the work, one with all changes showing and another all clean and ready to go.

Silvina Matheu  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:01
English to Spanish
Word or pdf Jul 14, 2006

Hi Valentin
If it's a Word document, I use the "track changes" command. If its a pdf, I use the Adobe Acrobat's complete version.
Hope it helps.

Silvina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing matter.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search