HTML not recognized by PractiCount 1.0
Thread poster: Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:44
German to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2002

I am using PractiCount quite efficiently, but ran into a problem.

I have now 800 small and medium-sized files in htm format and am asked to make an estimate.

The count of html files usually goes smoothly, but in this case I get as word count only \"1\" and as character count only \"2\" regardless of the file size. I have tried everything possible, including creatio of my customized delimiter set. Always the same result 1 and 2.

I ha
... See more
I am using PractiCount quite efficiently, but ran into a problem.

I have now 800 small and medium-sized files in htm format and am asked to make an estimate.

The count of html files usually goes smoothly, but in this case I get as word count only \"1\" and as character count only \"2\" regardless of the file size. I have tried everything possible, including creatio of my customized delimiter set. Always the same result 1 and 2.

I have converted some files into txt and it works fine with the correct results. I have even considered to buy a html-txt batch converter, but $80 for just an estimate is a quite hefty outlay.

Anybody a good idea? Would very much appreciate it.

Hans-Henning
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
Suggestion Sep 18, 2002

Hi Hans,

May I suggest you simply contact their support with such problems?

This seems to be quite logical, isn\'t it?

Unlike others, their support is free and I\'m convinced you\'ll get a quick reply.

Good luck, and please don\'t hesitate to post your findings later on.

Evert
[addsig]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:44
SITE FOUNDER
[email protected] Sep 18, 2002

Maxim tends to answer questions promptly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML not recognized by PractiCount 1.0

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »