Aerospace experts and quality standards
Thread poster: VCallaghan
VCallaghan
Local time: 00:18
English
Oct 2, 2002

I am looking into potential work with a large client relating to translation of materials relating to the aerospace industry and its quality standards such as ATA 2000 and ATA 100.

Any translators out there who have experience/accrediation in this or similar fields? Possible imminent project work. (Awaiting more info from client). Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxIreneN
United States
Local time: 18:18
English to Russian
+ ...
There is a possibility! Oct 2, 2002

Dear VCallaghan!

You are welcome to check my profile and contact me with more info or questions. Among other things, currently I work for the ISS Program.

I would not call myself \"an expert\" in the entire aerospace field; however, I believe my 4-year experience and practical knowledge may turn out useful. Depends on project specifics.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-02 13:14 ]

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Maybe another possibility Oct 2, 2002

Like Irene, I cannot call myself a real expert, but check my profile and see what you think. My work at BBC Monitoring included a lot of coverage of broadcasts (radio & TV) on the Soviet space program.

I have also translated Soviet standards (GOSTs) for the British Standards Institute.

Consider this just an expression of interest so far, other commitments could possibly prevent me taking it any further.

olganet
Local time: 19:18
French to Russian
+ ...
exploring the possibility of becoming a member of the translation team for your Project Oct 2, 2002

Dear VCallaghan,

I would like to offer my expertise in the field of translation and interpretation for the Aerospace industry for your review. Like Irina, I\'m currently working as a freelancer for the International Space Station Program, and have been doing it for 8 years now. I have also translated technical requirement documents, specifications, and manuals for different projects as a translation team member. If you wish, I could provide you with my resume,references and any other additional information that would give you a better understanding of my background, skills, and quality of performance.

I am very interested in Aerospace translation work, and would appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you personally to discuss the possibility of participating in your project.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:18
English to German
+ ...
Use the JobZ section... Oct 2, 2002

...there\'s a link \"Post a job\" on the navigation bar that will take you there.

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Languages other than Russian? Oct 2, 2002

Greetings.

Please clarify whether your project might involve languages other than Russian (as indicated by the earlier respondents).

I have translated for projects in aerospace / defense / military / intelligence / security fields.

My L2 \"working languages\" include Arabic, Kurdish, and Farsi.

While I am aware of those cited ATA series, but more familiar with ISO 9000 series and Six Sigma

Thank you.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

(English Arabic,

Kurdish, and Farsi)

e-mail: < mutarjm@aol.com >

VCallaghan
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so far for interest in aerospace work! Oct 3, 2002

To those who have so far replied to my enquiry yesterday about potential translation work in the aerospace field, thanks for responding so quickly. We are still in discussion with the client as to their needs/languages etc so will of course be in contact should the need arise. Let\'s hope so!

If anyone can offer other languages to those mentioned so far that would also be a great help for us to bare in mind.

Vikki

Grigoriy Smirnov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
It's interesting Oct 3, 2002

I have Master\'s degree in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing of Ballistic Missiles + years of R&D work + years of translation.

Please see more details and link for e-mail in my profile at ProZ.

arterm  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
We have translated a lot of literature like that Oct 3, 2002

We have translated several NATO conference proceedings about aerospace and tons of patents relating to this.

Arterm has university degree (Russian, similar to Masters in the west) in Engineering specializing in navigation and orientation.

We would be happy to coplete a test translation

arterm  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
We have translated a lot of literature like that Oct 3, 2002

We have translated several NATO conference proceedings about aerospace and tons of patents relating to this.

Arterm has university degree (Russian, similar to Masters in the west) in Engineering specializing in navigation and orientation.

We would be happy to complete a test translation

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Aerospace experts and quality standards

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search