Off topic: Research on PL>EN mistranslations
Thread poster: London Translations

London Translations
Local time: 18:22
Dec 8, 2006

We are looking for PL>EN and vice versa translators who have had the experience of coming across badly translated articles that caused embarrassment or misunderstanding etc. This is for a marketing opportunity and what we are looking for is a quote or anecdote from translators and examples of where things went wrong. We want to demonstrate why it is vital to use professional and qualified translators .

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-08 15:11]

Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:22
English to German
+ ...
Who is we and what do you want to do with the quotes? Dec 8, 2006

Hello Mirka,

though I am not one of the translators you are looking for, I wonder what you wish to do with the quotes and anecdotes.

If you want to publish them or use them for advertisement purposes on your agency's website, I think you should say so in advance.

inmb  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
English to Polish
+ ...
true story Dec 8, 2006

Interpreting of part of the U.S. Professor's lectures at one of Polish universities:

ENG U.S. President Franklin Delano Rossevelt ...
POL Amerykańscy prezydenci Franklin, Delano i Roosevelt ...

Best regards

inmb

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on PL>EN mistranslations

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search