https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/61966-new_microsoft_glossary_how_is_it_integrated_in_multiterm.html

New Microsoft Glossary. How is it integrated in Multiterm?
Thread poster: Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:55
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2006

Dear all,

I have just downloaded THE microsoft glossary available at the Microsoft Website and now I am wondering if it is possible to integrate it in Multiterm.

If this helps, I am interested in getting an EN / ES multiterm of Microsoft terminology.

Has someone tried this before or knows how I can do this?

Thank you!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:55
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Microsoft glossaries Dec 19, 2006

Has someone tried this before or knows how I can do this?

What I have since few years is a EN-DE and EN-SL bilingual glossary - but as a TM, and not as a MultiTerm asset. If I remember correctly, I downloaded them as bilingual csv files, and from there on it was not much of a hassle.

I did try - without thinking - to make a MultiTERM database out of it, but very soon realized I am misusing the tool: we do not have vocabularies to look up whole sentences or even paragraphs.

maybe I misunderstood the question - I went to see, what Microsoft is offering and have not seen anything close to bilingual (in the sense of EN SP)

regards

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Microsoft Glossary. How is it integrated in Multiterm?

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »