https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/66850-english_translations_of_spanish_work_contracts.html

English translations of Spanish work contracts?
Thread poster: Mari O'Keefe
Mari O'Keefe
Mari O'Keefe
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:41
French to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2007

I am currently translating "un contrato de trabajo indefinido a tiempo completo" issued by the Spanish Ministerio de Trabajo Y Asuntos Sociales. It seems to me like the sort of thing that might have an official English translation somewhere. If you know of any, I'd be very grateful!!!

yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
I think Feb 24, 2007

you may be in the wrong section. You may want to enter this as a Kudoz question.

I think it is a "full time open ended contract".

[Edited at 2007-02-24 15:23]

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Correct me if I'm wrong .... Feb 24, 2007

... but I think Mari is referring to examples of these permanent employment contracts that have already been translated - i.e. she isn't looking for the translation of the term.

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree Feb 24, 2007

Lawyer-Linguist wrote: she should look for them in Internet.

A-

... but I think Mari is referring to examples of these permanent employment contracts that have already been translated - i.e. she isn't looking for the translation of the term.

Mari O'Keefe
Mari O'Keefe
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're right Feb 24, 2007

I'm looking for examples of these types of contracts or even an official translation of this document. I've looked extensively on the Internet but no luck so far. Do any of you know of any sites that might be useful?

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:41
Portuguese to English
wild goose chase Feb 24, 2007

The only 'official' translation of such a document would be one sanctioned by the Ministerio de Trabajo Y Asuntos Sociales itself, and I can't see why they should think it relevant to produce an English translation (or translation into any other language) as it would have no force in Spanish law. I think you're just going to have to get on and translate it.

Adrian MM. (X)
Adrian MM. (X)
Local time: 09:41
French to English
+ ...
Model Eng. contract Mar 1, 2007

I agree with Lexical. Also, a previous trans. has to be watched, as hidden changes might make the whole exercise a time-waster.

Though Yolanda says this is an open-ended contract, it used be known in Eng. law as a '(full-time) contract of employment for a *term uncertain*' - though this Googles none too well.

Try this site for a vague fit:

MODEL CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: INDEFINITE PERIOD (EXISTING STAFF). This document sets out your principal terms and condi
... See more
I agree with Lexical. Also, a previous trans. has to be watched, as hidden changes might make the whole exercise a time-waster.

Though Yolanda says this is an open-ended contract, it used be known in Eng. law as a '(full-time) contract of employment for a *term uncertain*' - though this Googles none too well.

Try this site for a vague fit:

MODEL CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: INDEFINITE PERIOD (EXISTING STAFF). This document sets out your principal terms and conditions of employment. ...
www.civilservice.gov.uk/management/conditions_of_service/publications/rtf/standard.rtf

[Edited at 2007-03-01 01:05]
Collapse

Mari O'Keefe
Mari O'Keefe
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 1, 2007

Thanks for your comments and for sending me that doc. It's really useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English translations of Spanish work contracts?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »