Sir Francis Bacon in Russian
Thread poster: egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
Mar 7, 2007

Could anyone please suggest where I might find a Russian-language edition of Essays by Sir Francis Bacon?

Direct link Reply with quote

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 03:18
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
`Essays' in Russian Mar 7, 2007

Please follow the link:

http://filosof.historic.ru/books/item/f00/s00/z0000455/

These are `Essays' ("Опыты") in Russian translation.

[Edited at 2007-03-07 16:42]

egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
much thanks Mar 7, 2007

I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 03:18
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
If you want to order a book... Mar 7, 2007

George, you may try www.ozon.ru, it's like Amazon in Russia. I'm not sure if they accept USD or any foreign currencies, but the service is quite reliable and well-established. I believe they provide their service to other countries, too. The books may be old and/or out-of-print, but you may try it, anyway, if you don't want to read anything on-screen. But, if I were you, I would print out the text d/loaded via the Web, then probably put it in cover and so on.

PS. Your mother-in-law is probably great if she's interested in Fancis Bacon's works! Grats

egroeg wrote:
I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

[Edited at 2007-03-07 17:15]

egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More thanks Mar 7, 2007

Now I can read the link that you sent to me and I see the entire work is there so I can print it out. Thank you very much.

(If you know of a printed edition I could buy I would of course like to know about it.)

George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sir Francis Bacon in Russian

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search