Sir Francis Bacon in Russian
Thread poster: egroeg
egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
Mar 7, 2007

Could anyone please suggest where I might find a Russian-language edition of Essays by Sir Francis Bacon?

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:40
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
`Essays' in Russian Mar 7, 2007

Please follow the link:

http://filosof.historic.ru/books/item/f00/s00/z0000455/

These are `Essays' ("Опыты") in Russian translation.

[Edited at 2007-03-07 16:42]

egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
much thanks Mar 7, 2007

I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:40
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
If you want to order a book... Mar 7, 2007

George, you may try www.ozon.ru, it's like Amazon in Russia. I'm not sure if they accept USD or any foreign currencies, but the service is quite reliable and well-established. I believe they provide their service to other countries, too. The books may be old and/or out-of-print, but you may try it, anyway, if you don't want to read anything on-screen. But, if I were you, I would print out the text d/loaded via the We... See more
George, you may try www.ozon.ru, it's like Amazon in Russia. I'm not sure if they accept USD or any foreign currencies, but the service is quite reliable and well-established. I believe they provide their service to other countries, too. The books may be old and/or out-of-print, but you may try it, anyway, if you don't want to read anything on-screen. But, if I were you, I would print out the text d/loaded via the Web, then probably put it in cover and so on.

PS. Your mother-in-law is probably great if she's interested in Fancis Bacon's works! Grats

egroeg wrote:
I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

[Edited at 2007-03-07 17:15]
Collapse

egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More thanks Mar 7, 2007

Now I can read the link that you sent to me and I see the entire work is there so I can print it out. Thank you very much.

(If you know of a printed edition I could buy I would of course like to know about it.)

George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sir Francis Bacon in Russian

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »